Roles of the lactate shuttle: Focus on brain physiology and pathologies
Recent findings have highlighted the significant role of the substance L-lactate in the brain’s energy processes. The discovery has caused a big shift in how we understand the brain cells’ work.
Date and time:
- 10:30 – 11:00 Coffee and refreshments
- 11:00 – 11:03 Opening by Lise Øvreås, President of The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters
- 11:03 – 11:06 Introduction by Linda Hildegard Bergersen, University of Oslo
- 11:06 – 11:461 Lecture by professor Pierre Magistretti: “Roles of the lactate shuttle: focus on brain physiology and pathologies”.
- 11:46 – 12:06 Discussion and questions from the audience and Discussant Lene Juel Rasmussen (NNL speaker 2020) Moderated by Jon Storm-Mathisen
- 12:06 – 13:00 Coffee and refreshments – Informal discussions
The Nansen Neuroscience Lecture 2023 is given by professor Pierre Magistretti on his discovery of the pivotal role played by glial cells, specifically astrocytes, in the realm of neuroenergetics. Professor Pierre Magistretti is the Director of the KAUST Smart Health Initiative at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
(Pierre Magistretti (Photo: KAUST))
The meeting is free of charge and open to the public.
Due to limited seating, we ask our guests to register for physical attendance. Register here
Watch the lectures here. (Link will follow.)